Everyone wants a smile that will last a lifetime, but that lasting smile isn’t always solely comprised of our natural teeth. As we get older, endure dental trauma, or suffer the effects of periodontal disease or tooth decay, some people end up losing teeth. Dr. Budhani at Amazing Dental offers many kinds of tooth replacement options, but when you’ve lost or are losing all or a large majority of your teeth, affordable dentures at Amazing Dental are a great option for replacing numerous teeth and entire arches.
If you’re looking for affordable dentures in Arlington, you’ve come to the right place. Dr. Budhani and the entire staff at Amazing Dental are devoted to providing unparalleled patient care utilizing the latest advancements in dental technology.
How Affordable Dentures Work at Amazing Dental
Dentures can either replace all of your teeth or some of your teeth. If you are having all of your teeth (the entire arch) replaced, you will get complete dentures, and if you are only replacing some of your teeth, you will receive partial dentures.
- Complete dentures: Complete dentures replace all of the teeth on your upper or lower jaw and rest on the gums. Dr. Budhani secures these dentures by attaching them to one or more tooth roots, called an overdenture, or to implants, called an implant overdenture.
- Partial dentures: As the name suggests, partial dentures replace only some of your teeth. Therefore, Dr. Budhani secures partial dentures by attaching them to surrounding teeth.
Kinds of Dentures Offered
- Conventional dentures: Conventional dentures replace all of your missing teeth on your upper or lower jaw and rest on the gums.
- Conventional overdentures: Conventional overdentures replace all of your missing teeth on your upper or lower jaw and rest on the gums; however, unlike conventional dentures, the roots of one or more teeth support the apparatus.
- Implant overdentures: Like conventional overdentures, this apparatus is secured in place. However, Dr. Budhani secures implant overdentures with dental implants.
- Conventional partial dentures: Conventional partial dentures replace some of your teeth. Clasps that wrap around the surrounding teeth secure your dentures in place.
- Precision & semi-precision partial dentures: This apparatus is secured in place with mechanical components that are called attachments.
Since each patient is different, Dr. Budhani will work closely with you to determine the best kind of affordable dentures for you specifically. Speaking with Dr. Budhani about your oral health, functionality, and aesthetic concerns will help him give you the best suggestion for you and your lifestyle.
What to Expect During the Process
After determining the best type of dentures for you, there are a number of things that Dr. Budhani will need to do to prepare you for your dentures. Some of the procedures that may take place before you receive your customized dentures are:
- Dr. Budhani may need to extract any remaining unhealthy teeth
- For implant-supported dentures, Dr. Budhani will surgically place your dentures. You can learn more about dental implants here.
- Dr. Budhani will take impressions or molds of your mouth that he will use when he designs your affordable dentures
- Dr. Budhani will adjust your affordable dentures to ensure that they fit comfortably and appropriately.
If you are having implants, you will need to wait for your jaw to heal before your dentures can be completed and placed.
What to Expect After You Have Your Affordable Dentures
Once Dr. Budhani secures and adjusts your affordable dentures, you will likely undergo an adjustment period before you are used to your new dentures.
Some things patients often feel after getting their dentures:
- Minor changes in speech
- A “full” feeling in the mouth or face
- Changes in chewing ability
To minimize the discomfort or the time it takes to adjust, there are a few things you can do to help yourself adjust more easily. Some suggestions are:
- Take small bites of food at first and avoid biting with your front teeth
- Begin chewing soft foods, and as you get more comfortable, you can increase the firmness of your food
- Use a small amount of adhesive to secure your dentures in place
- Speak slowly and put an emphasis on clear enunciation while you are getting used to talking
- Continue practicing your speech. It will feel natural eventually
Getting used to your dentures can be a frustrating process, but eventually you will be able to eat and speak the way you did before. If you have any questions or concerns about your dentures, call Dr. Budhani.
Restoring your smile is possible! If you’re ready to take the next step and replace your missing teeth with affordable dentures, call Dr. Budhani today at (817) 484-5588 or request an appointment online.